2015 GLOBAL YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMER CAMP ANNOUNCEMENT
MAY 11, 2015
The 2015 Global Youth Leadership Summer Camp by Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University provides an opportunity for outstanding students and young professionals to interact with leading political, business and academic figures, take innovative leadership courses, and experience world-class academic environment the program will provide starting July 2016.
Participants who demonstrated the best performance will be nominated for Schwarzman Scholars 2016.
I. Dates of the Event & Number of Participants
1. Dates: July 6-9
2. Number of participants: 40
II. Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
1. Age. Applicants must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of June 30, 2016.
2. Undergraduate degree. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by July 2016.
3. Proficiency in English. Applicants should have achieved minimum TOEFL 100, IELTS 7, or equivalents. (**This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the language of instruction was English at an institution located in a country where English was a national language.)
4. Applicants must be from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, as indicated on passports.
5. Academic excellence.
6. Demonstrated leadership potential.
III. Application Documents
1. Application Form. Please download at www.sc.tsinghua.edu.cn and complete by following the instructions.
2. Transcripts. Transcripts and grade ranking are required with the seal of the degree-granting institution.
3. Recommendation Letters. Two recommendation letters from people who have a strong understanding of the applicant’s academic and working achievements and potential.
4. A digital copy of ID photo.
5. Other references:
（1）TOEFL and IELTS score reports.
（2）Certificates or documents of academic honors, fellowships, scholarships, national awards, etc.
（3）For published papers, please provide the directory of the journal and the paper’s title page.
Note: All documents should be composed in English.
IV. Application Dates and Procedures
1. Application process is open from 15 May to 15 June (by 12:00 midnight, Beijing Time).
2. Acceptances will be announced by June 30. Acceptance notices will be sent to those students receiving an invitation through phone calls or given email addresses.
V. Delivery of the Application Package
1. Please send the email copy of the completed application package to email@example.com BEFORE June 15 with the title of “Summer Camp: name/university or organization”
2. Meanwhile, a hardcopy of the completed application package must be post mailed to the following address before June 15: Schwarzman Scholars Program, Building No. 26, Sheng Yin Yuan, Tsinghua University, Haidian District, Beijing 100084, China. Tel: +86 10 62792891; +86 10 62797936