Position Name: Associate Director of Student Career Development
Job location:Beijing, China
Supervisor:Director, Career Development
Description of the Position
The Associate Director under the direction of, and in coordination with, the Director of Career Development and as integral part of the Student Life team, will provide career coaching/education and conduct employer development. The Associate Director will design, develop, and deliver career management programming (includes large lectures, hands-on training programs, virtual and online/recorded programs, special events, one-on-one career coaching, and other special projects as needed) and lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive employer engagement strategy within the Greater China region.
The Student Life team is highly collaborative. We all work together to create and deliver innovative and integrated student life programs - from orientation to graduation and signature programs in between! As a new College we design, innovate, and create solutions with student, staff, and faculty input. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and resourceful self-starter, who is tech savvy, and willing to do whatever is necessary in this collaborative, lean, start-up environment. A positive approach and an empathy towards student needs is a must. We have an amazing team, and are looking for an amazing person to join us!
1. Conceptualize, innovate/develop, and deliver/co-deliver career management programming from exploration through commitment for myriad post-program endeavors. Programs include workshops, panel discussions, large scale conferences, and virtual/online training programs.
2. Coach domestic and international students on appropriate career management and job search skills in one-on-one, small and large group settings.
3. Manage or lead various special projects/programs that provide career related support, such as the Practical Training Program, Mentor Program, etc.
4. Design, develop, and execute a broad-based employer development strategy in the greater China region, including goals of meetings per week and jobs posted using relevant student data to drive meetings and engagement. A successful strategy and communications will incorporate staying abreast of industry trends, hiring needs and student interests.
5. Solicit, evaluate, track, and analyze data, using surveys and other systems, tools and approaches. Document contacts and organization conversations, post jobs, conduct resume referrals, and more utilizing career management system/database.
6. Travel to employer locations and events, as well as evening and weekend career and networking events for students, employers, and alumni.
7. Interface with other teams within Schwarzman College and Tsinghua University to achieve strategic school priorities and meet annual objectives.
8. Represent the Schwarzman Scholar Program and Tsinghua University.
9. Other duties as assigned or in response to changes in hiring and career trends, and changes within the University.
1. Masters degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment, and eight (8) years of related administrative experience which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
2. Evidence of effective bi-lingual fluency (Chinese and English) verbal and written communication skills.
3. Experience and knowledge of career coaching principles and effective program design.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of greater China region employment markets.
1. Experience with corporate recruiting, employee learning/development, client management and business development.
2. Experience working with a diverse population.
3. Experience in facilitating oral presentations to large and medium size groups.
4. Experience in working collaboratively across an organizations’ ecosystem to manage ambiguous situations that may have competing demands.
5. Experience in Microsoft Office Applications ( i.e.,Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint).
6. Experience in analyzing career/employment markets, reporting, and trends, using data and analytics to make decisions.
7. Excellent independent judgment, problem solving and organizational skills (manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously), sensitivity, and confidentiality.
1. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
2. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
3. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of meeting and managing stakeholders’ expectations
4. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
5. Ability to work successfully in fast-paced and changing environment
6. Receive regular review of assignments for adherence to established goals and objectives
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in both English and Mandarin to Julia.Zupko@sc.tsinghua.edu.cn
cc firstname.lastname@example.org (It will be better if you could create an internal mailbox for Simone Yan)