Position Name:Director, HR Department
Job location:Beijing, China
Description of the Position
The HR department head is responsible for the overall human resources development and management of the College; ensuring the quality and stability of the human resources of the College; and promoting the overall talent development of the College through system creation, supervision and effective implementation of internal human resources.
Direct subordinate positions of HR department head include: Compensation & Performance Manager, Recruitment and Employee Relations Manager/Specialist, Training and Development Specialist and Faculty HR Specialist.
1. Develop HR strategies; establish and optimize HR policies and systems; set up annual department operation and budget plan, which contents compensation, performance management, training, employee relationship and etc.; conduct medium and long-term plans.
2. Build and conduct annual planning on headcount management, including recruitment, selection and dismissal of employees; build up and maintain job system and career path for local and international employees.
3. Establish staff training system; set up the training curriculum system; implement annual training plan and projects.
4. Establish a compensation and benefit system; conduct annual budget on labor cost and maintain compensation and benefit system.
5. Establish a performance management system and ensure the effective combination of performance results and employee promotion, training, career development, etc.
6. Optimize management system of employee relations, including employee affairs such as contract management, personnel file management, opening employment certificate and etc.; improve employee’s satisfaction.
7. Develop internal mechanisms for managing complaints about staff, including discrimination and/or harassment.
8. Establish and manage clear processes and manual for international employees to work in China, including clear information about visas, banking, taxes, social insurance, etc.
9. Responsible for all College data protection matters with engagement with the New York office.
1. Bachelor’s degree and above, and at least eight (8) years of HR management experience in related industries and organizations; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
2. Evidence of effective bi-lingual fluency (Chinese and English), including both verbal and written communication skills.
3. Systematic understanding of HR management, and be familiar with market practices of various modules in human resources within the industry.
4. Ability to plan and design the regulations of HR management based on organizational needs and best practices.
5. Excellent and independent logical thinking, ability to identify potential problems in a timely manner and solve problems.
6. Excellent leadership and team management experience, be able to lead, manage and build a team.
7. Responsible, problem solver, self-driven, results-oriented and able to work under pressure.
8. Ability to listen to and understand others, accurately express information, use a variety of means to respond to various communication scenarios and effectively influence others.
1. Experience working in the education industry.
2. Experience working with employees from diverse backgrounds.
3. Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint), and the ability to quickly learn other software programs as needed.
1. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
2. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
3. Ability to work successfully in fast-paced and changing environment, have a strong willingness to learn and take initiative, the ability to quickly understand and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in both English and Mandarin to