Position Name:Director, Public Affairs and Marketing Department
Job location:Beijing, China
Description of the Position
The Public Affairs and Marketing department head is responsible for conducting strategy and planning of the department; establishing or maintaining connections with government, media and organizations; standardizing processes related to foreign affairs; leading crisis management related to public affairs and managing a team.
Direct subordinate positions of Public Affairs Marketing department head includes: International Affairs and Government Relationship Manager, Branding and Marketing Senior Manager.
1. Produce a Public Relations Plan which promotes and maintains good public relations in order to maintain the prestigious image of Schwarzman College.
2. Develop a public relations program for Schwarzman College based on its marketing goals. Liaises with other functions, particularly admission and development, in targeting specific markets and developing the public relations strategies to reach these markets.
3. Develop media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities. Acts as the College’s liaison with media to promote good publicity and proactively counteract bad publicity.
4. Draw up and implement annual planning, budget and regulation; standardize working process.
5. Work closely with New York team to build up strategies, policies, processes and standards on branding and public relations; review and monitor publicized content.
6. Standardize and manage College’s process of reception or visa application for VIP guests.
7. Expand and maintain cooperative relationships with government, universities and other institutions; improve public awareness and perception of the college, and increase likelihood of prospective candidates to view the College as a top choice among graduate programs.
8. Conduct crisis management and strive for support from government, universities and public media in emergent circumstances.
9. Build a clear vision and brand equity of Schwartzman College to the target audience.
10. Develop communication strategies to effectively promote brand equity of Schwarzman College to the target audiences.
11. Effectively manage team dynamics and team members.
1. Bachelor’s degree and above, and at least ten (10) years public relations and branding experience in the corporate or government; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
2. Evidence of effective bi-lingual fluency (Chinese and English) verbal and written communication skills.
3. Excellent ability to do brand promotion and negotiation.
4. Excellent ability to network and build relationships.
5. Experience in dealing with the public relations aspects of managing public emergencies or crisis events affecting an organization.
6. Good leadership and team management experience: be able to lead, manage and build a team effectively.
7. Ability to use various methods to coordinate resources, balance the interests of all parties, establish good cooperative relations, and promote multi-win.
8. Responsible, problem solver, self-driven, result-oriented and exceptional ability to work under pressure.
9. Ability to listen to and understand others, accurately express information, use a variety of means to respond to various communication scenarios and effectively influence others.
1. Experience working in the education industry.
2. Experience working with employees from diverse and international backgrounds.
3. Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint), and the ability to quickly learn other software and media platforms.
1. Ability to work with complex communication and governance.
2. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment; strong willingness to learn and to take initiative; the ability to quickly understand and adapt to the rapidly changing environment.
3. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in both English and Mandarin to