【Position Title】Faculty Service Specialist
【Number of Positions】1
Duties and Responsibility
1. The Faculty Service Specialist will provide personal support to the resident faculty and visiting professors and their family members at Tsinghua University’s Schwarzman College. Working in conjunction with the program coordinators and the academic leadership at Schwarzman College, the Faculty Service Specialist must consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to resident faculty and their families. This person must also be able to work a flexible schedule that generally includes some work on evenings and weekends when visiting faculty arrive. The successful candidate also needs to be able to provide logistical support to faculty gatherings and events that may fall outside of regular working hours.
2. Work with Schwarzman College’s academic leadership to develop processes for efficiently and effectively delivering personal services to the visiting faculty, visiting scholars, guest lecturers and their families (hereafter referred to as resident faculty).
3. Provide professional logistical support to resident faculty and their family members in a manner consistent with the Schwarzman College’s faculty service guidelines.
4. Assist the resident faculty members in working with the external service providers related to living in Beijing and traveling in China.
5. Handle daily miscellaneous enquiries from the faculty members.
6. Work as part of an emergency response team at Schwarzman College that resident faculty and their families can call on in the event of a personal emergency.
7. Assist in hosting visitors to Schwarzman College on an as needed basis.
8. Provide hosting and administrative support for conferences and events, such as lectures, at Schwarzman College.
9. Other tasks as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above. Management, Social Science, Arts are preferred.
2. Two plus years of experience in expatriate’s services.
3. Fluent English and Mandarin in both written and oral.
4. A professional customer-service approach to assisting faculty members.
5. Good problem solving skills, and well organized when multiply tasks are assigned;
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Flexible and willing to work under pressure.
8. Must be available and willing to work off-hours, such as evenings or weekends, during busy periods
Please send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.