Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University was inspired by the Rhodes scholarship, which was founded in 1902 to promote international understanding and peace, and is designed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Blackstone Co-Founder Stephen A. Schwarzman made personal contribution to the program and is leading a fundraising campaign from private sources to endow the program in perpetuity. The endowment will support up to 200 scholars annually from the U.S., China and around the world for a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prestigious universities and an indispensable base for the country’s scientific and technological research. Scholars chosen for this highly selective program will live in Beijing for a year of study and cultural immersion, attending lectures, traveling, and developing a better understanding of China. Admissions opened in the fall of 2015, with the first class of students in residence in 2016. For more information, please visit: www.sc.tsinghua.edu.cn
To support the development of Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University which was officially launched on April 21st, 2013, the University is now seeking for most qualified people for the relevant positions. You are cordially invited to join us to work for such a high profile college, which provides infinite opportunities of self-development. If you are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about education, and eager to challenge yourself in a startup institute, please now apply for the positions as below:
Position Name: Academic Affairs Officer (Course/Teaching Related)
Affiliation: Schwarzman College, Tsinghua University
Department: Academic Affairs
Hiring Number: 1-2
Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. Coordinate with the courses scheduling and operation
- 2. Courses enrollment and withdraw and as related
- 3. Support and maintenance to the system of score
- 4. The duties related to students’ cultivation and credit
- 5. Participate in students’ enrollment, capstone training and graduation
- 6. The duties related to students’ file and material
- 7. Reimbursement about the faculty, lecturers and the Academic department
- 8. Assist with organizing of all sorts of academic meetings
- 9. Participate in drafting, polishing and saving the document
- 10. Participate in drafting and sending the notice. Follow up and collect the feedback as needed
- 11. Other duties assigned by the office
- 1. Proficient in English and Mandarin;
- 2. At least Bachelor’s Degree;
- 3. At lease three-year full-time experience;
- 4. Hard-working, passionate, patient and well organized;
- 5. Passionate about education, sense of service-oriented, self-driven, and strong responsibility;
- 6. Strong capability of team work, cross-culture communication and multi-tasks solving, can smoothly deal with the urgent issue;
- 7. Can accept the flexible working time (midnight and weekend). Can accept the extra work during the busy season;
- 8. Experience of international conference, secretary to senior manager above, client/faculty relationship maintenance and administration in education industry will be considered as priority;
- 9. Experience of studying abroad will be considered as priority.
Salary & Benefit:
- Tsinghua Contract Terms of Appointment
- Global and cross-culture atmosphere, working with talent team members
Send your resume in bilingual languages (English and Chinese) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Name: Director of Academic Affairs
Organizations:Schwarzman College, Tsinghua University
About The Program
Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends. With the inaugural class enrolled in 2016, the program gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students pursue a Masters in Global Affairs, with concentrations in one of the following disciplines: public policy, economics and business, and international studies. The concentration gives students an opportunity to focus on aspects of global affairs they may not have previously studied. Students spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development and cultural exchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders for the future. For those ready to make their mark on the world, Schwarzman Scholars represents a once-in-a-life time opportunity. We are now preparing to welcome our third cohort in Fall 2018. Learn more at www.schwarzmanscholars.org
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Assists Schwarzman College Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in managing the Schwarzman College Academic Office
2. Based full time in the Academic Office of Schwarzman College
3. Operational/routine liaison for fostering, maintaining, improving, and coordinating relations with Ministry of Education and Tsinghua University and Schwarzman College.
4. Responsible for managing major academic projects such as the Capstone Project, academic parts of Orientation in coordination with Student Affairs and NY office, Deep Dive in coordination with Student Affairs, curriculum development and faculty governance in coordination with New York office, coordination with the Tsinghua University academic committee for Schwarzman College as needed.
5. Streamlines academic procedures and processes and coordinates routine student communication/clarification of university policies, deadlines, requirements.
6. Provides regular training to academic staff and coordinates regular staff meetings
7. Other duties assigned by the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Director of Academic Programs, based in New York
Suggested qualifications to include but not limited to:
1. Minimum of 5 years work experience with public university in China
2. Professional proficiency in Mandarin is required
3. Fluency in English and proficiency in English writing required
4. Graduate degree in social sciences from an international program strongly desired
Please send your bilingual resumes in Chinese and English to email@example.com
The Schwarzman Scholars program is designed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. The
endowment supports up to 200 scholars annually from the U.S., China and around the world for a Master’s Degree
in Global Affairs program at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Scholars chosen for this highly selective program will
live in Beijing for one year of study and cultural immersion, attending lectures, traveling and developing a better
understanding of China. Opened in 2016, we are now preparing to welcome our third cohort in Fall 2018. Learn more
We are currently seeking highly qualified people to join us as we continue to build this innovative program. If you
are innovative, highly driven, passionate about education, and eager to challenge yourself and to grow in a startup
college, please consider the position below.
Position: Program Assistant
Organization: Schwarzman Scholars, Tsinghua University
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and creative professional to support the work of the Student Life team at
Schwarzman College. At Schwarzman Scholars, the Student Life team collaborates to create and deliver innovative
and integrated student life programming, including orientation, the ‘Deep Dive’ field course and field trips, practical
training project (PTP) placements, career development and mentorship programs, convocation and graduation, and
various other signature Schwarzman Scholars elements. We are still a new program, and we work closely with
students, faculty, and staff in other areas to design solutions, innovate, and be creative. We have a great team, and are
looking for an amazing person to join us!
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean, including data entry, submitting documents, scheduling
meetings, reading documents in Chinese and summarizing, etc.
2) Work with the Deep Dive team on coordinating and documenting travel logistics;
3) Provide administrative support for various Student Life areas (career services, Deep Dive, PTP, etc.)
4) Assist with logistics for various events such as ceremonies, receptions, guest speakers, field trips, etc.
1) Bachelor’s degree.
2) Minimum of 2 years' work similar work experience (some accounting/finance experience preferred)
3) High level English and native Chinese, including exceptional written and oral communication skills.
4) Competence with software including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., and the ability to learn how to use new software
and databases (ability to use graphic design software is a bonus)
5) A willingness and ability to work flexible hours and do all types of work, including physical/manual tasks, due
to time zone differences and the nature of student life work.
6) Excellent organizational, and time management skills, with a strong ability to juggle multiple projects.
· send your resume and cover letter (in English) detailing your interest and how you meet the qualifications above.
· Send by email to: Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
· Application deadline: May 30th or until the position is filled
Schwarzman Scholars, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Position: Practical Training Project Manager
Reports to: Associate Dean (Student Life) / Director of Career Development
Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the firstscholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether inpolitics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon anunderstanding of China’s role in global trends. With the inaugural class enrolled in 2016, theprogram gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadershipskills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University inBeijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students pursue a Masters in GlobalAffairs, with concentrations in one of the following disciplines: public policy, economics andbusiness, and international studies. The concentration gives students an opportunity to focus onaspects of global affairs they may not have previously studied. Students spend a year immersedin an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics andsociety. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development and culturalexchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building theirleadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world andcreate a growing network of global leaders for the future. For those ready to make their mark onthe world, Schwarzman Scholars represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We are nowpreparing to welcome our third cohort in Fall 2018. Learn more at www.schwarzmanscholars.org
Description of the Position
The Practical Training Project (PTP) program enables students to develop a further understanding of China through working or volunteering in a Chinese or international company,nonprofit organization, or institution. The PTP is a mandatory course and an essential part of thestudent experience during their year in Beijing. The PTP Manager, part of the Career Developmentteam, is responsible for developing and managing the Schwarzman Scholars PTP program.
1. Compile and manage a database of potential PTP sites and contacts from previous PTP host organizations;
mentors; alumni; staff and faculty, and other stakeholders.
2. Create resources and run workshops for students on securing a PTP position and creating a learning plan;
3. Work with students on any permissions/documentation necessary for their placement, and stay up to date on related administrative requirements.
4. Review learning plans, monitor individual student progress in their positions, and ensure that all students are on track to meet the PTP requirements for graduation.
5. Support the other Career Development staff with employer relationship management, career events and workshops, database maintenance; resource development; etc.
6. Additional projects and tasks as assigned, based on the academic year operational needs and experience.
1. BA in relevant field (master’s degree preferred).
2. Minimum of 3 years' full time work experience (work experience in China preferred), preferably within career development, experiential learning, higher education, or a related field.
3. Native or near fluency in both Mandarin and English.
4. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
5. Excellent networking skills and ability to interface with personnel at all levels of an organization.
6. Excellent organizational/time management skills with strong ability to manage multiple priorities.
7. A demonstrated sensitivity to student needs and cultural differences.
8. A willingness to commit to the role for at least two years.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
· Send your resume and cover letter (in English) detailing your interest and how you meet the qualifications listed above.
· Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com· Application deadline: June 15th or until the position is filled
We are seeking for someone who are interested in the part-time positions in Schwarzman College, Tsinghua University to support the daily operation of the college. If you are passionate about the campus and cross-culture, welcome to join us!
Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. Translate and edit the document
- 2. Collect materials as needed
- 3. Coordinate events and meetings
- 4. Maintain and update the files as needed
- 5. Other support as assigned
- 1. Bachelor’s Degree, or studying as full-time undergraduate
- 2. Proficient in English
- 3. Can commit to the position for at least half a year
- 4. Excellent skill of communication
- 5. Flexible thinking, be able to cope with the urgent issue
Please send bilingual CV to firstname.lastname@example.org